Silane – After finishing my overseas study due to which I had a gap of 10 years from this hobby I came back to aquascaping, I remembered that the first shrimp used as cleaning crew was Yamato. And later, we got pink shrimps, Cherry Shrimp in Singapore market, I bought some to go with my planted tank. They did not do well because of the high level of CO2, later I chose to go with the path of focusing on shrimp tank with little plant.
4. What were the major difficulties you had encountered in the beginning? How is the situation now?
7.How important do you think supplements play a role in shrimp keeping?
8. Tiger shrimps don’t get so much of fanfare as compared to their counterparts – crystal reds, crystal blacks and the tibees. Do you agree to it? If yes, what could be the reason – your thoughts?
Taitibee appears when taiwan bee was in abandon and people want to create something new. And use of Taiwan bee to cross with tiger shrimps, and the end result is pinto alike shrimps.
10.I know that rili and yellow kingkong shrimp you have introduced into the hobby, which other shrimps you have introduced? And how did you discover these new species?
Silane – King Kong and Blue Bolt were introduced by me too, during an Invertebrate Meeting in Stuttgart, Germany in 2009. The term Bolt was introduced by me for snow genes influenced shrimps.
King Kong and Blue Bolt was as natural occurrence in the tanks.
Rili was through selective breeding
11. Silane Shrimp is now possibly one of the biggest and reputed name in global shrimp domain. How did it happen?
Silane – I have just closed down my farm in Singapore, as the lease of farm land with the government has ended. I have co-own farm in China and Taiwan. And now I am an occupant in Pingtung Agricultural Biotechnology Park where I have my own farm setting up in progress.
13. Other than shrimps which other species you like and keep.
Silane – Just shrimps for now, I would like to keep all kinds of small size fish soon.
14. What is your future planning?
Silane – Marine, I would like to go into marine fish breeding beside shrimps.
15. What is your message for Indian shrimp hobbyists? And have you kept any Indian shrimps?